Do you want to work in the field of development cooperation? Are you interested in project planning and management? The Student Union’s (JYY) Subcommittee for development cooperation is looking for two Development cooperation coordinators whose tasks are comprised of two parts: coordination of JYY’s Village Empowerment project in India and participation in the planning process of JYY’s new project.
Acting as the coordinator provides an excellent opportunity to learn about development cooperation and project management in practice. In addition, you also get to participate in designing both the content and the modes of JYY’s upcoming development cooperation project(s) and mapping out new finding possibilities.
The work begins immediately. The dates of the training will be mutually agreed upon. A nominal compensation is paid for the position.
The coordinators’ key tasks are:
Regarding the India project
- Regular contact with our partner (Bal Rashmi Society)
- Following and monitoring the progress of the project
- Installments of the financial support for BRS and monitoring the budget implementation
- Planning and implementing ways of raising funds and participating in the work of the development cooperation sector
Regarding the future project
- Collaboration with our partners (the National Union of University Students in Finland, student unions, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, various organizations)
- Planning the next project of JYY
- Following the field of development cooperation in Finland
There are two coordinators and they work together with the Specialist in International Affairs, JYY board member responsible for development cooperation, the chairperson and secretary of the Subcommittee for development cooperation and other students from the subcommittee.
- Interest towards development cooperation work
- Ability to work with the other coordinator and the other actors in the development cooperation sector
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Innovativeness and good organizational skills
- Cultural sensitivity, understanding and competence to work in a multicultural environment
- Independent work manner
- Commitment to the project for at least one year
- Know-how of project management
- Familiarity and understanding of funding possibilities
- Familiarity with the field of development cooperation
Please apply by sending your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 February, 12 pm (noon). The interviews will be arranged on 16 and 17 February. It is also possible to arrange interviews via skype.
- Specialist in International Affairs Ágnes Stojcsics
kv-asiantuntija (a) jyy.fi, 050 338 7655
- Project coordinator Veera Lähde
jyy.dev.coop.project (a) gmail.com