Housing and Income

University students can rent an apartment from Kortepohja Student Village, Central Finland Student Housing Foundation (KOAS) or a private landlord. The Student Union also runs an online Student Accommodation Forum that connects homeless students to their future apartments and empty apartments to their future tenants. Furthermore, in the beginning of every fall semester, the Student Union arranges temporary accommodation to the students who haven’t managed to find an apartment yet.

For most Finnish students, the main source of income is the financial aid offered by Social Insurance Institution. Should a student face hard financial times, the Student Union can also grant small loans to its members, as long as they are paid off within six months.