Rentukka is the Heart of a Living Village! Among common rooms & restaurant we have the Info Desk, which provides for example following services for tenants and visitors:
- Loan & rent equipment
- Bookings and key management for Rentukka’s facilities
- Tenant advisory
- JYY Student Union membership stickers
- Academic Sports stickers & Rentukka Gym cards for AS members
The Info Desk is also a place where you can meet the Student Village’s Community Manager, who takes care of the tenants’ well-being in many level – Community Manager coordinates the events and activities and you can contact her in need of tenant advisory as well.
Join the community >>
Loan & Rent Items
You don’t need to own everything yourself! In Rentukka we have loads of items to loan & rent. We have cleaning equipment, tools and all kinds of fun stuff for free time activities. Also some bicycles and a shared car can be found in the Student Village!
NOTICE! During the lock down, it is unfortunately not possible to loan or rent any loan items.
Here’s a list of our loan & rent equipment at the moment:
- Air couch for picnics x 2
- Bicycle (20 € / semester incl. 10 € deposit OR free of charge for 1-day use)
- Bicycle pump (with pressure gauge)
- Bluetooth speaker (5 € / day)
- Board games
- Cleaning kit for floors: mop, bucket & brush
- Electric mixer
- Electric screwdriver
- Hammer drill (2 € / day)
- Hand truck
- Hot glue gun
- Immersion blender
- Jumper cables
- Outdoor griddle pan
- Parachute hammock x 2
- PS4 games; FIFA18, Call of Duty WWII, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Singstar Celebration
- Rug beater
- Sewing machine (5 € / day)
- Sleds & gliders
- Small cart (for moving)
- Snow shovel
- Tool kit for bicycle maintenance
- Tools (screwdrivers, saw, hammer, spanners etc.)
- Vacuum cleaner (1st day for free, following days 10 € / day)
- Wi-Fi router (22 € / semester, incl. 15 € deposit)
- Window cleaning kit
- Window key
- Yard games (petanque, croquet, frisbee, mölkky)
If there is no price mentioned, then loan of that equipment is free of charge.
Starting from April 2019 you may find a shared car from the Student Village! Shared car is a vehicle for every tenant to be used and you only pay for those hours that you use the car. The one we have in Kortepohja, is a hybrid so it also offers you a great opportunity to make your carbon foot print smaller.
More information about the service & reservation you can find from the service provider Heimo‘s web page.