Rentukka is the Heart of a Living Village! Among common rooms & restaurant we have the Info Desk, which provides for example following services for Soihtu tenants, members of the Student Union JYY and visitors:
- Loan & rent equipment for Soihtu’s tenants and JYY members
- Bookings and key management for Rentukka’s facilities
- JYY Student Union membership stickers
- Academic Sports stickers & Rentukka Gym cards for AS members
Note! You can’t pick up apartment keys or Village Keys from Rentukka, those can be picked up from Soihtu Housing service point.
Join the community:
Loan & Rent Items
You don’t need to own everything yourself! In Rentukka we have loads of items to loan & rent. We have cleaning equipment, tools and all kinds of fun stuff for free time activities. Loan items are owned by the Tenants’ Committee of Kortepohja Student Village and all Soihtu’s tenants and JYY’s members can loan and rent them.
NOTE! The loan & rent items are available during Info Desk’s opening hours. Unfortunately it is not possible to reserve items.
Here’s a list of our loan & rent equipment at the moment:
- Air couch for picnics x 2
- Bicycle pump (with pressure gauge)
- Bluetooth speaker (5 € / day)
- Board games
- Cleaning kit for floors: mop, bucket & brush
- DVD movies
- Electric mixer
- Electric screwdriver
- Hammer drill (2 € / day)
- Hand truck
- Hot glue gun
- Immersion blender
- Jumper cables
- Outdoor griddle pan
- Parachute hammock x 2
- PS4 games; FIFA18, Call of Duty WWII, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Singstar Celebration
- Rug beater
- Santa Claus’ suit
- Sewing machine (5 € / day)
- Sleds & gliders
- Small cart (for moving)
- Snow shovel (in front of Rentukka during winter months)
- Tool kit for bicycle maintenance
- Tools (screwdrivers, saw, hammer, spanners etc.)
- Vacuum cleaner (1st day for free, following days 10 € / day)
- Wi-Fi router (22 € / semester, incl. 15 € deposit)
- Window cleaning kit
- Window key
- Yard games (petanque, croquet, frisbee, mölkky)
If there is no price mentioned, then loan of that equipment is free of charge.
Outdoor table tennis’ rackets and balls can be found from Bubble in building B (tenants can enter with their own Village key).
PARKING IN RENTUKKA
Parking lots for visitors can be found between building C and T (5 spots) and next to building H there is parking for disabled visitors (4 spots). Address is Taitoniekantie 9.
Also parking lot for visitors of the Student Village at Emännäntie (drive through Laajavuorentie-Tietoniekantie).
Links open in new tabs.