Rentukka is the Heart of a Living Village! Among common rooms & restaurant we have the Info Desk, which provides for example following services for Soihtu tenants, members of the Student Union JYY and visitors:
- Loan & rent equipment
- Bookings and key management for Rentukka’s facilities
- JYY Student Union membership stickers
- Academic Sports stickers & Rentukka Gym cards for AS members
The Info Desk is also a place where you can meet the Student Village’s Community Manager, who takes care of the tenants’ well-being in many level – Community Manager coordinates the events and activities and you can contact her in need of tenant advisory as well.
Join the community:
Loan & Rent Items
You don’t need to own everything yourself! In Rentukka we have loads of items to loan & rent. We have cleaning equipment, tools and all kinds of fun stuff for free time activities. Also some bicycles and a joint use car can be found in the Student Village!
NOTE! The loan & rent items are available during Info Desk’s opening hours. Unfortunately it is not possible to reserve items.
Here’s a list of our loan & rent equipment at the moment:
- Air couch for picnics x 2
- Bicycle pump (with pressure gauge)
- Bluetooth speaker (5 € / day)
- Board games
- Cleaning kit for floors: mop, bucket & brush
- DVD movies
- Electric mixer
- Electric screwdriver
- Hammer drill (2 € / day)
- Hand truck
- Hot glue gun
- Immersion blender
- Jumper cables
- Outdoor griddle pan
- Parachute hammock x 2
- PS4 games; FIFA18, Call of Duty WWII, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Singstar Celebration
- Rug beater
- Sewing machine (5 € / day)
- Sleds & gliders
- Small cart (for moving)
- Snow shovel (in front of Rentukka during winter months)
- Tool kit for bicycle maintenance
- Tools (screwdrivers, saw, hammer, spanners etc.)
- Vacuum cleaner (1st day for free, following days 10 € / day)
- Wi-Fi router (22 € / semester, incl. 15 € deposit)
- Window cleaning kit
- Window key
- Yard games (petanque, croquet, frisbee, mölkky)
If there is no price mentioned, then loan of that equipment is free of charge.
More information about the joint use car can be found from Soihtu’s web page (link opens in a new tab).