Rentukka is the Heart of a Living Village! Among common rooms & restaurant we have the Info Desk, which provides for example following services for Soihtu tenants, members of the Student Union JYY and visitors:
- Loan & rent equipment for Soihtu’s tenants and JYY members
- Bookings and key management for Rentukka’s facilities
- JYY Student Union membership stickers
- Academic Sports stickers & Rentukka Gym cards for AS members
- Updating the contactless key cards (tenants of Soihtu)
Note! You can’t pick up new apartment keys or Village Keys from Rentukka, those can be picked up only from Soihtu Housing service point. Common room keys and JYY stickers can be picked up from Soihtu Housing service point as well.
Join the community:
Loan & Rent Items
You don’t need to own everything yourself! In Rentukka we have loads of items to loan & rent. We have cleaning equipment, tools and all kinds of fun stuff for free time activities. Loan items are owned by the Tenants’ Committee of Kortepohja Student Village and all Soihtu’s tenants and JYY’s members can loan and rent them. Some of the loan items can be picked up 24/7 from other facilities in Rentukka.
NOTE! The loan & rent items are available during opening hours. Unfortunately it is not possible to reserve items.
Here’s a list of our loan & rent equipment at the moment:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Bicycle pump (located in Work shop)
- Bluetooth speaker (5 € / day)
- Board games
- Cleaning kit for floors: mop, bucket & brush
- DVD movies (located in Club room)
- Electric mixer
- Electric screwdriver (located in Work shop)
- Hammer drill (2 € / day)
- Hand truck (located in Work shop)
- Hot glue gun
- Immersion blender
- Jumper cables
- Outdoor griddle pan
- Parachute hammock x 2
- PS4 games (FIFA18, Call of Duty WWII, Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Singstar Celebration)
- Rug beater
- Santa Claus’ suit
- Sleds & gliders
- Small cart for moving (located in Work shop)
- Snow shovel (in front of Rentukka during winter months)
- Tool kit for bicycle maintenance (located in Work shop)
- Tools (located in Work shop)
- Window cleaning kit
- Window key
- Yard games (petanque, Finnish baseball equipment, croquet, frisbee, mölkky)
If there is no price mentioned, then loan of that equipment is free of charge.
Outdoor table tennis’ rackets and balls can be found from Bubble in building B (tenants can enter with their own Village Key).
PARKING IN RENTUKKA
Parking lots for visitors can be found between building C and T (5 spots) and next to building H there is parking for disabled visitors (4 spots). Address is Taitoniekantie 9.
Also parking lot for visitors of the Student Village at Emännäntie (drive through Laajavuorentie-Tietoniekantie).
Link opens in a new tab.