Do you want to work in the field of development cooperation? Are you interested in project planning and management? Now you have an excellent opportunity to get experience in coordinating and managing a development project in practice.
The Student Union’s (JYY) Subcommittee for development cooperation is looking for a Development cooperation coordinator whose main tasks are the coordination on JYY’s development cooperation project(s), planning and organizing events and fundraisers and participation in the planning and application for possible projects and funds.
The work begins immediately. The dates of the training will be mutually agreed upon. The coordinators are in a position of trust and a nominal compensation is paid for the position.
The coordinators’ key tasks are:
- Project coordination
- Event planning and fundraising
- Collaboration with our possible partners (the National Union of University Students in Finland, student associations, other student unions, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, various funds) and further deepening our collaborations with them
- Following the field of development cooperation, especially in Finland
- Possibly project planning and application for funds
There are two coordinators and they work together with the Specialist in International Affairs, JYY board member responsible for development cooperation, the chairperson and secretary of the Subcommittee for development cooperation and other students from the subcommittee.
- Interest towards development cooperation work
- Independent work manner
- Ability to work with the other coordinator and the other actors in the development cooperation sector
- Innovativeness and good organizational skills
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Cultural sensitivity, understanding and competence to work in a multicultural environment
- Commitment to the project for at least one year
- Know-how of project management
- Familiarity and understanding of funding possibilities
- Familiarity with the field of development cooperation
Please apply by sending your motivation letter and your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 20 February by noon 12:00 p.m. The interviews will be arranged in the beginning of week 9. It is also possible to arrange interviews via Skype.