Do you want to work in the field of development cooperation? Are you interested in project planning and management? The Student Union’s (JYY) Subcommittee for development cooperation is looking for a Development cooperation coordinator whose main tasks are active participation to the planning process of JYY’s new project(s), application for funds and project coordination.
Acting as the coordinator provides an excellent opportunity to learn about development cooperation and project management in practice. In addition, you also get to have an active role in designing both the content and the modes of JYY’s upcoming development cooperation project(s) and finding new funding possibilities.
The work begins immediately. The dates of the training will be mutually agreed upon. A nominal compensation is paid for the position.
The coordinators’ key tasks are:
- Project planning
- Application for funds
- Collaboration with our possible partners (the National Union of University Students in Finland, student unions, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, various funds)
- Project coordination
- Following the field of development cooperation , especially in Finland
There are two coordinators and they work together with the Specialist in International Affairs, JYY board member responsible for development cooperation, the chairperson and secretary of the Subcommittee for development cooperation and other students from the subcommittee.
- Interest towards development cooperation work
- Ability to work with the other coordinator and the other actors in the development cooperation sector
- Independent work manner
- Innovativeness and good organizational skills
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Cultural sensitivity, understanding and competence to work in a multicultural environment
- Commitment to the project for at least one year
- Know-how of project management
- Familiarity and understanding of funding possibilities
- Familiarity with the field of development cooperation
Please apply by sending your motivation letter and your CV in English to email@example.com no later than 31 January. The interviews will be arranged on week 6. It is also possible to arrange interviews via skype.
Specialist in International Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0503387655).